Tuesday, June 23, 2015

simple pesto



My basil is not as beautiful as it could be, the creepy earwigs have been doing a number on it.  I hate earwigs.  So to enjoy my basil more than those nasty bugs, I make pesto quite often.  If you have searched for a pesto recipe, you have discovered there are a bunch.  My go-to is super simple, but then again, what pesto recipe isn't?

PESTO
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 C grated Parm, divided
1/8 C pine nuts
1/8 C roasted pumpkin seeds
Pinch of red pepper flakes
2 C fresh basil leaves
1/2 C extra virgin olive oil, divided
S & P

Combine garlic, 1/4 C of Parm, through pepper flakes, in food processor and pulse.  Add basil and pulse.  Add 1/4 C of olive oil, pulse until well blended.  Transfer pesto to another bowl, and stir in S & P, remaining Parm and olive oil.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment